Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year's Rulin's

My friend Mindy shared this with me recently, I had to share. It's a copy of Woody Guthrie's New Years resolutions, or "rulin's" from 1943.



We put so much pressure on ourselves at this type of year. I hear things like "clean slate" and "new year, new me," but isn't it true that you can always make a change, however big or small ... no matter when you start? I haven't made any grand resolutions besides "lose weight" which has been mine each new year for roughly a decade. But I like the idea of keeping a list, a set of mantras by which to keep yourself accountable to the things you'd like to change or improve. Aristotle is credited for the saying, "We are what we repeatedly do." This is a wonderful and inspiring thought. What do you repeatedly do? I think Woody was on to something here ... whatever your goal make sure you wake up and fight.



No comments:

Post a Comment