Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Perch Fillets

Brandon went fishing Monday, so I cooked up a great little meal. Here's how ...


The perch fillets turned out beautifully! I usually just season with a bit of salt, pepper and Tony's; you know, the trifecta. The Tony's I use has a blue top, it has herbs in it as well; I highly recommend it.

I oil the pan with olive oil and put about 1/2 a clove of minced garlic in as well. When it starts to sizzle, I drop in the fillets. I usually cook white fish at a pretty high temperature. I'd say medium high.


I am pretty paranoid about eating "un done" food, so I always taste test a fillet by completely taking it out, cutting it in half and observing everything completely. Paranoid, like I said. 

While on medium high, I added a bit more salt and squeezed 1/2 a lemon in as well. This gave way to making a bit of gravy, made from the natural oils, the olive oil and the lemon juice for moisture. It was really delicious. Cooking fish, unfortunately leaves my beautiful Emeril pans a bloody mess, but they clean up just fine.

                                  


I always make bread. Which is probably why I'm huge. I use "fake" butter for a lot of stuff, but if I'm making little Rosemary Toasties, I always use the real deal. Here, I've heated up a stick of butter with some Tony's and fresh rosemary my husband grows for me.


Pouring that over little French bread pieces, heated up at 400 for about 5 minutes is perfect for quick meals like this. Since the fish cooks so quickly, I just put some instant rice on as well, so everything would be timed just right. There is nothing worse than having to wait for your sides to be done [hello, potatoes!] before you can eat dinner. 

                            

Voila! Serve with lemon wedges and Tabasco sauce. There is one major problem with this meal ... no vegetables. We survived, don't worry. I had planned on having a salad, but the lettuce was getting brown. I hate that! 


No comments:

Post a Comment