Wednesday, February 8, 2012

C-SPANin' it, y'all!

It's just Wednesday, but this week has already been really busy! I found out last Friday that
C-SPAN would be on campus this week as part of their Cities Tour. The purpose of their tours is to venture into historical cities across the country, interviewing local historians, students and community leaders to showcase their unique elements. Shreveport has some great historical landmarks and I was proud to be a part of this event. I was asked by the LSUS Archives to act as a student representative for their segment on the coroner's records I worked on last year. I'm incredibly proud of the work I was able to be a part of and the collection means a lot to me. I was also asked by Dr. Joiner to represent the History Club with the Oakland Cemetery segment. This project is dear to my heart and I'm so glad that our little group is going to get some recognition. My hope is that we will get some local attention as well and maybe this will help with our plans to have a city clean up of Oakland Cemetery at the end of the semester. 

Here are a few snapshots [via Instagram] of the process. Sorry for those of you who have seen these pictures already! I haven't had my "real" camera with me all week. 

The meet & greet/press conference was a nice way to kick off the week's events.

Mayor Glover!

Dr. McLemore, taping her segment with Tiffany from C-SPAN.

Shreveport's Oakland Cemetery
 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment