Saturday, December 31, 2011

Vive le Resolution!


I'm officially "that guy" ... I'm going to actually make resolutions for the New Year. 2011 kicked my ass, honestly. I had some fun, but I really didn't feel like I had any personal growth. Maybe what 2011 did for me was allow me to realize that I actually strive to grow as a person, and when that doesn't happen, I can tell.

As most of us do, I have a lot of hang ups. Many of these center around my idea of what I should look like. I run away from cameras, I only shop online and I have to treat my fashion addiction like a shameful secret since nothing fits me ... that means I play dress up with all my awesome clothes at home but I never wear them out because I don't think I should at my current weight. I'm tired of my [fabulous] shoe collection being the only window into my personal style. And although someone might be happy to have my body ... I'm not happy and that is what matters.

So, my resolution is to lose weight. There, I said it. I'm not planning on dieting, though. I've done this and if anyone has ever dieted for any amount of time, you know ... you're basically just waiting for it to be over once you reach your goal. Vicious cycle! I'm just going to change my life. I mean, shit ... people do it all the time, why can't I?! I'm very happy with who I am as a person and I am so blessed in my relationship with Brandon that I feel like my physical state should align with that a little better. I really think any disharmony that I'm suffering from is stemmed at my relationship with my body and how I feel physically.

Get ready for me to be super positive and obnoxiously dedicated to this goal of shifting my habits into a routine that will hopefully become my way of life. My ultimate goal is to start doing OOTDs [outfit of the day!] via video, so the closer I get to my ideal size [not a number!], the closer I'll be to being able to share with you the amazing clothes that are collecting dust in my closet[s]!

I wish you the best of luck in 2012 and I hope that whatever resolutions that you've set for yourself are powerful enough to truly make a difference in your life. Cheers!! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment