Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Knitting Club!

I've started a Teen Knitting Club at work! [the Library] Every Wednesday, a few "tweens" and I get together and I teach different levels of knitting. I could not be happier. I have to admit that I'm often disappointed in the way teenagers and children spend their free time. Most of the kids we see in the library are on Facebook for 6 hours a day and then  in the last half hour before closing time they say, "oh yeah, I have some homework ... tell me where this book is!" Lame! I'm really proud of the girls that have been coming to the club. Most of them have really caught on quickly. I hope that we will be able to continue this and maybe we'll be knitting Christmas gifts this Fall! If you know any teens interested in joining the Teen Knitting Club, let me know!

I love the neon needles!


We really do have a great & cozy time. Can't wait to see how our projects progress throughout the year! 

3 comments:

  1. Kate, my little sister likes to knit and she's looking for more activities outside of school. Email me the times and info and I will see if she wants to join you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Definitely tell her about it ... if she already knits, she could be my helper.

    ReplyDelete