Friday, August 13, 2010

Friggatriskaidekaphobia ...

Happy Friday the 13th!!! It's my mom's birthday!!! HAHAHAHA! Awesome.

Friday the 13th is one of my favorite slasher films. In fact, my favorite kill of all time is from this movie. Kevin Bacon gets a knife through the neck. The fact that it still holds up today as a great special effects / make up shot just makes it even better.


I usually bitch and moan about re-makes and sequels to my favorite movies, but I was really pleased with the new Friday the 13th. Honestly, I stood up and cheered when all of the cast members were killed during a nearly 20 minute intro before the title screen came up in huge letters over a blacked out screen a la Disney's Lion King. That was just amazing. Plus, they didn't mess with Jason all that much. Except for the fact that it looks like he has been eating a lot of his healthy spinach and drinking plenty of milk.


Truly one of my favorite big screen characters. Second only to Michael Myers, who will never ever be replaced. I am not sure I'll ever be able to properly express how hard Rob Zombie ruined that movie by remaking it. Dear god, it was the worst thing I've seen in awhile. Maybe I'll write about that when I'm sure I wont explode in anger ... so like, in 20 years.

                            
God, I hope Gifs work on Blogger ... tonight Brandon and I are having our usual Friday the 13th marathon complete with Bloody Marys. I'll post pictures tomorrow! Yum!

PS. Friggatriskaidekaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment