Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Goth Girl

I get asked if I am "goth" quite often. [Yes, people just ask right out as if that is socially acceptable.] Usually by children and/or the elderly. Honestly, I think it is hilarious. Is that even a thing anymore? Now it seems like the alternative lifestyle for kids is about being slutty or extreme or on prescription medication. The closest thing to goth now is probably this vampire thing, which nauseates me. I read all those damn Twilight books and I'm here to tell  you there is no sex. How can you write an entire series about vampires and not have a single sex scene?! I'm kidding, I realize its for teenagers. I'd really like to see the look on their faces when they grow up and read pre-Christ Anne Rice [sounds like the name of a punk band ...] novels. Oh, man they would freak right the hell out, don't you think?

For the record, I'm not goth. I just love Halloween, dead things, The Smiths, hate the sun and wear black all the ti--oh shit ... I'm goth!

aww ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment