Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Zombee Love Potion

I promised Mallori I would post the recipe for the cider I made at the Valentine themed Candles & Cocktails party. I knew I wanted to make something warm, since the last two weeks had been so harsh, but whenever I looked up recipes for cider, all I saw was apple cider ... and the recipes were pretty lame. The words "apple cider, heat, add apples and cinnamon" isn't really a recipe! So, I did what I usually do when I'm not sure how something is made ... I just go for it! It didn't turn out too badly. Give it a try if you'd like to warm  up one of these nights, but don't wait Spring will be here soon!

Zombee Love Potion

Ingredients: 
6ish cups of warm, Goji Berry Pomegranate tea
one cup apple juice
1/2 bottle of cranberry juice [not sure of the oz]
spiced rum to taste [which for us was, a lot]
apple slices, blackberries, orange slices
clove & cinnamon

Preparation:
add about six teabags to boiling water, steep for 5-7 minutes 
 remove teabags and add spiced rum 
 add apple and orange slices, steep for 5-7 minutes 
crush blackberries in a bowl with the back of a serving spoon
add juice and berries to mixture 
add the rest and keep the heat on med-low
you can add brown sugar for sweetness if you like, but I didn't
serve warm and watch everyone get toasty ♥










No comments:

Post a Comment